What can be more economical than getting an enticing yet budget-friendly flooring for your home? Vinyl and Laminate floorings both are affordable, easy-to-care, and long-lasting options. Vinyl flooring material is 100% plastic whereas Laminate is 99% wood. So both of these bestow a pleasant flooring experience. But which one is better? Which one to choose? The answer to these questions depends on various factors. Our home remodeling services provide expert flooring services, based on your choices. Now let’s take a detailed look at both of these options for your best possible choice:
Benefits of Vinyl Flooring are as follows:
- Long-Lasting – Vinyl flooring is no doubt superior when it comes to durability. The flooring material is firm enough to withstand high traffic. It’s often preferred for commercial use due to its high withstanding ability.
- Water-Resistant – The most distinguished advantage of Vinyl flooring is its resistance to moisture. It is 100% waterproof which makes it an appropriate choice for bathrooms and kitchens. The material does not get damaged even if it’s immersed in water for hours.
- Easy-to-Clean – Another prominent feature of Vinyl flooring is that it's easy to clean. From dry brooming to wet mopping, you can clean your floor as you wish.
- Easy-to-Install – The ‘floating’ installation method is easy and you can even install it yourself. Our expert guides can aid and assist you with all the necessary equipment.
- Resale Value – It is not only affordable but offers a satisfying resale value to the home.
Benefits of Laminate Flooring are as follows:
- Appearance – When it comes to appearance, Laminate flooring stands out with its attractive looks and textures. A variety of realistic, 3-D designs are available in a diverse range of wood, stone, or ceramic styles.
- Comfort – In terms of providing comfort, Laminate is the clear winner. It is comfortable to walk barefoot due to its thickness, softness, and warmth.
- Long-Lasting – Laminate Flooring is extremely long-lasting. It can meet your high traffic demands with ease. It is also scratch-resistant which adds on to its durability.
- Easy-to-install – Laminate flooring also provides DIY offers. It is sufficiently easy to install with proper equipment.
- Cost – You can get top quality laminate flooring at the most affordable price.
Advantages of Vinyl over Laminate Flooring:
- Water-Resistance – Laminate Flooring can be water-resistant. But it can’t hold out against standing water for long. So, in this case, Vinyl has an added advantage over Laminate.
- Durability – Vinyl Flooring has more durability and longer lifespan than Laminate.
- Cleaning – Vinyl Flooring can be cleaned by both dry and wet methods. While it is recommended to use dry cleaning methods for Laminate.
- Pricing – Though both are cost-effective, Vinyl can be inexpensive with improvement in quality and features. Whereas high-quality and luxurious Laminate Flooring is quite expensive.
Advantages of Laminate over Vinyl Flooring:
- Comforts – Regarding comfort, Laminate beats Vinyl by providing soft and warm feels to your feet. While Vinyl feels cold and hard underfoot.
- Scratch and Dent-resistant – Laminate’s thick wear layer protects it from scratches and dents. Contrarily, Vinyl is more prone to scratches and dents caused by weighty furniture.
Thus, contemplating all these factors, it is clear that one cannot say which one is better. It depends on your needs or your opinion. Your choice depends on where and on which floor you want to install. Both of them have their unique features as well as the pros and cons. This guide is meant for you to decide which one to choose. MW Construction provides one of the best flooring services in the Northfield area. Contact us for more details and estimates of services.